Success Guarantee Terms
Your win is our win..
At Institute i4 we want you to meet your objectives of being a certified Business Analyst or Project Manager. But since uncertainty is always out there, we decided to share you the risk of exam failure.
Up to 100% of your money
A candidate may be eligible for refunds up to 100% of the amount paid for the course; depending on how many times the candidate failed to pass the exam. Since candidates can attempt the exam 3 times a year, they can request refunds for up to 3 times, each corresponds to one unsuccessful attempt.
To understand how our success warranty works, imagine the course fees paid by the candidate as the balance of his/her bank account, where the candidate can withdraw from that account every time he/she fails to pass the exam. For example, if the candidate paid $1,000 course fee, this amount can be imagined to be the balance of his/her account. If the candidate failed to pass the exam for the first time, he/she will be refunded an amount of $250, which is the exam re-take fee, and because the balance is more than the re-take fee. The account new balance is now $750. If the candidate re-took the exam but again failed, he/she can ask for another refund. Upon checking the balance, and since it is more than the exam re-take fee, candidate will be refunded an amount of $250, and the remaining account balance will be $500. If the candidate failed to pass for the third time, he/she can ask for the remaining of the account balance, which is $500 in the example, discounted any payment processing fees, example credit card processing fees.
To be eligible for the success warranty, you must have:
- Purchased and completed one of the following courses from Institute i4: CBAP, CCBA, ECBA, or PMP
- Attended all the course sessions, and completed the course exercises.
- Scored minimum of 85% in the last three consecutive exam attempts in i4 simulator site before appearing for the real exam.
- Received a notification of exam failure from PMI or IIBA, and shared the information you are asked to, for proving your exam status.
How the Amount of Refunds are Calculated
- A candidate may apply for a refund if he/she did not pass the exam. A candidate may request for refunds up to 3 times or less in one year, depending on the exam results and the amount paid for the course.
- Candidates are eligible for refunds equivalent to the exam re-take fees at a member rate in the first and third request, and for an amount equivalent to the remaining balance of the course fees.
- The total amount of refunds cannot exceed the course fees paid by the candidate. The candidate cannot claim more than the total amount paid for the course, even if this was less than the exam re-take fee, and regardless if that was the first, second, or third request for refund. Example, if the candidate purchased a course for $450, and the exam re-take fee is $250, he will be eligible for $250 as a first refund, and $200 as a second refund.
- Exam re-take fees are counted at the member fee rate
Exam Taking Time Conditions
A candidate must have taken enough time to study and prepare for the exam to lower the risk of failure. To ensure this occurs, a candidate will be eligible for the success warranty, if the following conditions are met:
- The first exam taking attempt must be within 30 to 90 days from course completion date
- The second attempt must be within 90 to 180 days
- The third attempt must be within 180 to 365 days
Candidate may lose the eligibility to request a partial or complete refund under the following circumstances:
|Candidate decided not to take the exam at all after the course completion||Not eligible for any refund|
|The application has been rejected by IIBA or PMI for any reason||Not eligible for any refund|
|Being not able to take the exam for any reason||Not eligible for any refund|
|The first exam attempt was earlier than 30 days or later than 90 days from course completion date||Not eligible for the first refund|
|The second exam attempt was earlier than 90 days or later than 180 days from course completion date||Not eligible for the second refund|
|The third exam attempt was earlier than 180 days or later than 365 days from course completion date||Not eligible for the third refund|
|Failure to provide the information needed to proof exam result status||Not eligible for refund|
|Scored less than 85% in any of the last 3 consecutive exam simulations in i4 simulator site||Not eligible for refund|